Additive Manufacturing Opportunities In Automotive - 2018
$4,995.00 – $6,995.00
|Select User License||
Single User License (one computer), Group User License (Up To Five Computers), Enterprise User License (Unlimited Computers Within Your Organization)
In 2016, SmarTech Publishing released the most complete and thorough analysis and forecast of automotive additive manufacturing. Two years later many new events have continued to propel the use of 3D printing technology into the future of automotive production. This new 200-page 2018 report confirms the 2016 forecast, while also expanding it with new high-value and high-volume applications and technologies that have emerged.
Automotive industry stakeholders worldwide are now racing toward full industrialization and integration of the AM process within their end-to-end production workflow, beginning with software and materials, passing through the actual AM hardware, and ending with services and a growing number of possible applications. 3D printing is thus well positioned to expand its use as the primary technology for automotive prototyping as well as tooling, while also establishing a stronger than ever opportunity for serial and mass customized part production.
This third dedicated study of automotive additive manufacturing expands coverage to consider the greater long term potential for additive manufacturing as a key production technology for the massive global automotive industry, paving the way to widespread adoption of both metal and polymer AM technologies. This comprehensive report includes:
- Ten-year 3D printing opportunity and market data forecasts in volume and value terms for automotive additive manufacturing. These coverhardware, materials, software, services and overall printed parts value – illustrated with over 80 charts and exhibits.
- Expanded market data to include key metrics at a country level, better capturing the regional attitudes towards introducing AM in the production workflow for prototyping, tooling and final parts.
- Complete lists and descriptions of key AM hardware and AM materials (both polymer and metal alloys) used in automotive AM, including upcoming production-ready technologies.
- Complete analysis of software used in the end-to-end automotive production cycle, in light of recent advanced in generative design software and PLM software solutions.
- The latest trailing twenty-four months activity and competitive analysis to reflect the rapidly evolving landscape in which major automakers, automotive tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers and “application agnostic” 3D printing service are finding new cost-effective solutions through AM adoption.
- Complete and detailed analysis and forecast of the potential for final parts production through AM
This is by far the most extensive exploration of where the opportunities will be found in automotive additive manufacturing for prototypes, tools and final parts in the next decade.